History

1920

March: Marumi Lumberyard opened in Shinhorikawa (Naka Ward, Nagoya)

1942

Marumi Lumberyard closed under wartime lumber controls

1947

June: Marumi Shokai (S.K.) established in Shinhorikawa (Naka Ward, Nagoya), with capital of 180,000 yen

July: Shirotori Office opened

1948

July: Marumi Lumber (K.K.) established in Shinhorikawa (Heiwa, Naka Ward, Nagoya),with capital of 650,000 yen

1952

February: Head office relocated to Horikawa (Masakicho, Naka Ward, Nagoya)

1959

May: Head office relocated to Horikawa (Shirotori, Atsuta Ward, Nagoya),sales of metal window frames and building materials begins

1965

March: Head office relocated to Mizuhodori 3-chome, Mizuho Ward, Nagoya

1968

Lumber warehouse relocated to a site of approximately 26,400 square meters at the Nagoya Western Lumber Port (Tobishima, Aichi Prefecture)

May: Capital increased to 30 million yen 264,000 square meters in vacation home sites sold in Matoya, Shima, Mie Prefecture

1972

January: Company name changed to Marumi Sangyo Co., Ltd.,
foundations established for doing business as a general residential trading company 495,000 square meters in vacation home sites sold in Onotoge, Shima, Mie Prefecture

October: Development Department begins development and sales of 9.24 million square meters of vacation home sites in Ontakesanroku, Asahimachi, Takayama, Gifu Prefecture
and enters the condominium business, beginning construction and sales of vacation condominiums

1973

June: Capital increased to 100 million yen

1976

August: Marumi Sogo Kanri Co., Ltd. established (capital: 20 million yen)

1980

February: Capital increased to 132 million yen

1991

April: Marumi Canada Lumber Ltd. established in Vancouver, Canada

1992

April: Capital increased to 220.03 million yen, Chengdu Office opened in China

1998

February: Marumi Resort Hida Akigami Kogen Ayumikan opened

2001

September: Dalian Office opened in China

2007

August: Marumi D&C Co., Ltd. established (capital: 20 million yen)

2008

July: Rebuilding of head office completed

  • Shin-horikawa (Heiwa, Naka Ward) at the time of the Company's founding

  • Horikawa (Masakicho, Naka Ward)

  • The former head office (Mizuho Ward, completed in 1965)