The Company strives to handle and protect personal information properly in accordance with laws and regulations on the protection of personal information and social norms. In addition, it collects personal information only through appropriate means, announces, provides notice of, and disclosures purposes of use of personal information, and does not use personal information beyond the extent of the purposes of use without the consent of the individual concerned.
Purposes of use of personal information
The purposes of use of personal information collected by the Company are described below. In addition, personal information collected and stored in databases by the Company prior to the enactment of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information also shall continue to be used in accordance with the following purposes of use.
1. Purposes of use of personal information obtained prior to conclusion of sale agreements or construction contracting agreements, such as that collected at open houses, in site tours, or through similar activities, through the Company website or through telephone or other inquiries, or through surveys published in newspapers, magazines, advertising inserts, etc.
- For use in information provision and sales activities for condominiums, single-family homes, land, etc. sold by the Company
- To provide funding plans recommended by the Company
- To conduct site surveys, prepare home plans, and prepare and provide estimates
- To prepare statistical materials on customer trends or for use in product development
- To request prior screening for various loans
2. Purposes of use of personal information obtained in conclusion of sale agreements, construction contracting agreements, brokerage agreements, lease agreements, etc.
- For purposes of conclusion of sale agreements, construction contracting agreements, brokerage agreements, lease agreements, etc.
- For purposes of performance of each agreement
3. Purposes of use of personal information obtained upon handover of properties
- To provide after-sales services in accordance with Company rules
- For use in services provided to customers
- To conduct surveys in order to ascertain conditions of usage of and degrees of satisfaction with residences sold or built by the Company
- To send publications and other materials issued by the Company and Group member companies
- To contact customers as necessary
- To provide information on new businesses introduced by the Company in the future
4. Transaction-related negotiations, communications, consultation, order receipt and placement, settlement, and other processing, and exchange of products, services, etc.
5. Purposes of use of personal information obtained when explaining construction of condominiums, single-family residences, etc.
- For use in activities such as providing explanations to and surveying neighboring residents, landowners, etc.
- To respond to inquiries from neighboring residents and landowners
- To communicate with neighboring residents and landowners as necessary
6. To provide personal information to third parties within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use under 1-5 above
7. Purposes of use of personal information obtained in Company activities other than the above
- For use in hiring activities
- To communicate with shareholders, retirees, and others as necessary
- To provide use of lodging facilities
- For use in handling other general administrative communications and inquiries
Security measures for personal information
The Company strives diligently to manage and use customers' personal information securely and implements security measures to prevent unauthorized external access to personal information and its loss, damage, unauthorized alteration, leakage, etc.
Provision to third parties
Personal data shall not be disclosed or provided to any third parties except in the cases enumerated below.
- 1. When consented to by the customer
- 2. When disclosing such information in a state in which it is not possible to identify individual customers.
- 3. When entrusting such information to an outside party for purposes such as facilitation of smooth business operations. (In such a case, outside parties will be chosen that maintain adequate levels of protection of personal information, and they will be managed appropriately through means such as obligating them, through the subcontracting agreements, to prevent leakage of such information or its provision to other parties.)
- 4. When disclosure is demanded under laws or regulations
- 5. When necessary for purposes of protecting human life, health, or property, and it would be difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- 6. When particularly necessary for purposes of improving public health or promoting the sound rearing of children, and it would be difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned
- 7. When it is necessary to cooperate in the performance of operations prescribed by laws or regulations conducted by a national or local public agency or other party entrusted by it with such operations, and obtaining the consent of the customer could impede the performance of such operations
When so requested by the individual concerned, provision of personal information to third parties will cease, except in the cases under 4-7 above.
Joint use of personal data
The Company uses customers' personal data jointly with the following Group member companies. In addition, in the event that the Company or any of the following Group member companies establishes a new affiliate company in the future, such affiliate company also will engage in joint use of customers' personal data.
- Group member company
- Marumi Sogo Kanri Co.,Ltd. /
Marumi D&C Co., Ltd.
- Items of personal data subject to joint use
- Customer names, addresses, telephone numbers,
and email addresses
- Scope of joint users
- Marumi Sogo Kanri Co.,Ltd. /
Marumi D&C Co., Ltd.
- Purposes of use of those using personal data
- To provide customers with information on the various services offered by Group member companies
- Contact point regarding processing of personal data
- 3-21 Mizuhodori, Mizuho-Ku, Nagoya-Shi 467-8533
Personal Information Team, Legal Office, Marumi Sangyo Co., Ltd.TEL:+81 52-851-3511
Procedures for disclosure, correction, etc. of personal information
The section indicted below is responsible for procedures for disclosure, correction, etc. of retained personal information.
- Personal Information Team, Legal Office
- 3-21 Mizuhodori, Mizuho-Ku, Nagoya-Shi, Aichi 467-8533
- +81 52-851-3511* Telephone calls are accepted 9:00 am – 5:00 pm weekdays.
Please submit any requests for disclosure, correction, etc. of personal data held by the Company to the contact point above. The Company will respond to such requests without delay, through procedures established separately.
[Purpose of using cookies]
1. To improve convenience
Cookies are used to provide appropriate content to users based on information they have accessed.
2. To ascertain information on usage
The site uses Google Analytics access analysis tools. It uses these only to analyze the state of use of the site. Google Analytics may conduct analysis using cookies to collect traffic data. When doing so, some user information, such as IP addresses, may be collected by Google. Use of this site constitutes consent to such data processing by Google through the above methods and for the above purposes.
The site may use advertising services provided by third parties such as Google and Yahoo!. When doing so, cookies and other technologies may be used by such third parties to collect and use information on users' visits to subject websites and activity history.
- * A user may configure his or her browser not to accept cookies. However, when doing so some of the features of this site may not be available to use.
Please address any complaints on the Company's handling of personal information to the contact point above.
Revisions to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed and revised as necessary in response to the requirements of laws, regulations, etc. or to further improve protection of personal information.